Since 1975, Almetek Industries, Inc. has been a proud, family owned American business. From humble beginnings in the Staten Island basement of owner Albert Burlando, to the current 42,000+ SF facility in New Jersey, Almetek has been a leading manufacturer of safety and identification products for over 40 years!
Our experienced staff designs and manufactures both generic and custom products that exceed industry standard and our customer’s expectations. Our goal is to work closely with our clients to provide them with the highest quality products and friendly, knowledgeable customer service.
Almetek assists a vast array of companies, organizations and individuals worldwide to develop product systems that fit their unique needs. From the state-of-the-art digitally printed products to porcelain enamel signs, ALMETEK continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology.
Our continual quest for quality and innovation has earned us recognition around the world and set industry standards that are hard to beat.
Event Timeline / Industry Innovation:
- In 1975, Almetek Industries, Inc. was started out of the Long Island basement of owner Albert Burlando. That same year, E-Z Tags were developed which revolutionized the utility pole and cable identification industry.
- In 1976, Mini-Tags were created for customers who needed something smaller than the one-inch E-Z Tags. As a result, Almetek was the first company to custom-design a polyethylene tagging system for primary and secondary wiring.
- First company to offer warranties in the industry.
- In 1986, moved to current 42,000 SF+ facility in Hackettstown, NJ
- In – Introduced an innovative reflective tagging system, warranted for 15 years.
- In – Designed and created a hot stamped product made out of polyethylene, initially implemented by Long Island Lighting for all underground installations.
- In – Manufactured 3-D, co-extruded signs and tags, made of engraved two-color polyethylene.
- In – Introduced engraved 3-D, 3-color signs – The Trident collection, made from UV-stabilized high-density marine grade polyethylene and warranted for 30 years.
- First to manufacture plates and signs designed to withstand desert exposure in the Middle East for transmission towers and distribution poles.
- In 2005, introduced Stainless Steel, Brass and Aluminum Storm Drain Markers, which come with an unprecedented 30-year warranty.
- In 2007, created and launched an online store for Storm Drain Markers.
- In 2008, developed E-Z Smart Stakes – a superior marking alternative used for survey and construction sites, underground utility locating, reference points and a wide variety of additional uses.
- In 2010, developed GreenHand Labels Conservation Reminder Labeling system. The removable, reusable labels educate all on the importance of conservation and save significant amounts of money on facility operating costs. Used in Offices, Retail Establishments, Schools & Universities, Medical Facilities and more.
- In 2012, developed a line of wind farm safety signs and labels to comply with OSHA safety standards.
- In 2013, developed a line of PV System (Solar) safety labels in compliance with NEC articles 690 & 705.
- In 2014, became a distributor of Lordon, Inc.’s line of BriteSide® traffic safety products.
- In 2015, launched the Almetek online store which featured a selection of the company’s products available for purchase online. Also developed new Digital Catalog showcasing all of Almetek’s products.
- In 2016, became the distributor of Porcelain Signs by Lordon, Inc.